Hunger in the News
Fight Hunger When Filing State Taxes
Contributions to support the Louisiana Food Bank Association and Food Banks Statewide. Louisianans can help fight hunger when filing their 2012 state income tax returns by including a contribution to the Louisiana Food Bank Association (LFBA) on line 41 on the state income tax form.
The Mission of the Louisiana Food Bank Association (LFBA) is to be a unified voice for Louisiana’s hungry by providing short-term food relief while seeking long-term solutions to hunger through advocacy, education, and leadership.
The Louisiana Food Bank Association (LFBA) was created by the five regional food banks within the state to support their collaborative efforts to accomplish statewide policy, advocacy, and food and fund raising objectives.
The objectives for the LFBA include:
- Increase the quality, variety and nutritional value of food available to feed hungry people in Louisiana
- Secure annual funding from the state of Louisiana to provide food to meet a significant portion of the documented needs of Louisiana citizens facing food insecurity
- Develop and secure other new food and funding resources needed to close the gap on hunger in Louisiana
- Mobilize the public to support the fight against hunger by increasing awareness of hunger issues in Louisiana and the role of Feeding America Food Banks in addressing hunger
- Strengthen the coordinated hunger relief response to disasters through implementation of a statewide preparedness plan
- Advocate with state officials and others on issues of hunger and food banks
- Act as a liaison with other agencies on issues that impact hunger relief